16 sep. 2011

Riddle solved

I finally figured out what was going on with my soap!!! I was leaving out 2 oz of water per 3 pound batch!! Of course it was coming out wonky and crumbly...it was missing water!! My advice for today: check your recipe even if you've done the same recipe many times. I *knew* it was 6 oz of lye per 11 oz of water and I've been doing it that way for some time now, today I checked my written recipe and whoops, it's not 11 it's 13.3. I now understand why CP was seizing and HP was crumbling.
I'm so happy I got to the bottom of it :-) I also got extra especial help from my hubby today. He helped me with swirling a tube mold CP and with the left over he swirled a log mold by himself. I love that he helps out without me asking, it's priceless.
So a big change coming up in the next few weeks at work. Can't say much right now because I don't know much myself, but it's hopefully going to be refreshing ;-)

Happy soaping!!
Irene
Publicar un comentario