18 jul 2012

Sneak peak!

Wow! It's been a long while since I wrote anything! Sorry about that! Between being on business trips, vacations, planning for the new house and a terrible soaper's block it's been difficult just getting up in the mornings. But I'm back! (hopefully) and with new ideas and full of energy. I want to get this party started :)

I have a sneak peek for you guys today. Have you ever had a fragrance that you just love but it doesn't seem to sell that well? I've come to the theory that it all depends on the color, I had one that just would not sell, change the color and it flew off the shelves. So I have this other one which I just haven't gotten to yet, until today. So to break my soaper's block I used a new technique (new to me at least) and revamped the fragrance....so here's a riddle...what is a lovely fresh men's fragrance that smells like the color seafoam green should smell like, is named after a "green country" and a fabric? Green Irish Tweed!!! I just LOOOVE that fragrance but it just doesn't click with the multiple colors/techniques I've used. So today I gave it a really strong ultramarine blue and neon green coloring using the sauce bottle technique. I made the bottom 2/3 white, and the top third I alternated squirting soap from the bottles. I hope it turns out really nice! I've been meaning to try Kafé's spoon technique but just don't have the patience for it, I think the bottle technique will give me a similar look without driving me completely nuts!

I've just finished the log, so I'll be cutting tomorrow afternoon and hopefully will have a really nice video of the whole thing by Friday - crossing my fingers that life won't get in the way :)

I leave you with a pic of how it looks so far...

xoxo
Irene