20 may 2011

F is for Friday

And for FANTABULOUS soap!! This soap is both fantastic and fabulous....it looks pretty and smells divine...I just had to picture and blog it :)
First up is the two tone coffee soap, one of my first CP tries this month...it's well into curing (2 weeks) and looks great! Smells like coffee on account of the coffee grinds and liquid used...no extra color added.

Second one is the one I'm most proud of...it's a three layer CP soap I like to call Cassata (Italian ice cream made up of 3 layers) I believe it is also called Neapolitan ice cream. It's a wonderful mix of strawberry, chocolate and vanilla. This was my first successful try at layering and it turned out great! They haven't split!!

Third one is a fluke, the purple part was supposed to be blue, the white part was supposed to be green and the brownish part was supposed to be yellow. The colors I used clearly are not soap safe (DUH). Just out of sheer luck I used a floral type scent...when I cut it it looked just like a bromelia we have growing at home. So I dubbed it Bromelia (original right?)

And last but certainly not least, is my chocolate/strawberry beauty. I made this one last night, with the pouring rain, my DD calling for me to help her dry up and DH putting the groceries away. I never thought it would turn out the way it did. It is beautifully chaotic (like my life) and smells absolutely amazing!! I have it right beside me as I right and makes me want to take a bite out of it. I used real chocolate chips for the chocolate part and my wonderful strawberry musk fragrance and color for the pink part...also added some poppy seeds to make it look like the strawberry seeds. I think it turned out superb!

Enjoy!
xoxo
Irene
Posted by Picasa

No hay comentarios.: