9 sept 2008

There's no place like home!

aaahhhh there's no place like home :)



I'm working from home today, the beauty of being the only person on my team in the country, the rest of my team is scattered all over the place: Brazil, Argentina, Colombia, Mexico and US, it's a beauty.



As promised, here are the pics of my corsé. I haven't started sewing it yet, but at least I have all the pieces cut and labeled, hope it's not too hard to piece together. I'm still trying to figure out the ribs...don't know what I'll do. I did see someone was using the plastic from the ice cream containers to make ribs, I don't think I'll go that far, but I guess anything can work.

Uncut pieces...

Me cutting my pieces...
Mama's little helper :)all pieces cut and labeled...

I made the pattern myself. When I was like 12 mom decided it was a good idea I learn to sew, so she took me to a sewing school, in which they not only taught me how to handle needle and thread, but also how to make my own patterns. I have never thanked my mom, I used to hate going, but it is one of the most useful things in the world to know. Funny thing is, I can't follow normal patterns like MCcall's, I can't understand them :P. So now I make patterns for everything and they fit like a glove....I love it!!

Wish me luck on sewing my project!!

No hay comentarios.: