5 nov 2010

Cool fact Friday

For today's cool fact, I'll go to Catherine Failor's book "Liquid Soaps", on it's additive section: "Addition of fats - Sulfonated Castor Oil is the only appropriate agent for incorporating more fats into liquid soap. This oil lubricates like any other oil but is completely water soluble, while other oils will make your liquid soap unclear by releasing free fatty acids into the soap."

Cool huh? A water soluble oil! Am I a soap geek or what?

You can get the book here: Making Natural Liquid Soaps: Herbal Shower Gels / Conditioning Shampoos / Moisturizing Hand Soaps

On the top is my delicious mint vitamin soap. It's two hot process soaps that I've remelted and layered, with a thin dusting of cocoa in the middle for show. I wish you could smell it! It's both fresh and uplifting, with all the benefits of the multivitamin soap and the refreshing action of the mint. Now available in my website: http://www.wix.com/irefercr/maderonegro

Happy weekend everyone!
Posted by Picasa

No hay comentarios.: