2 nov 2010

Vitamin E usage

Hey, I just found out Vitamin E proportions to use to preserve soaps (cosmetics). The right proportion to use is anywhere from 0.5 - 4% of total weight (oils + liquid). I've been thinking about using it to preserve my soaps as I use a lot of herbs and yummy goodness thingys. What has always stopped me is I did not know the proportion - but now I do :)

Here's an explanation on the benefits of Vitamin E - courtesy of Elements Bath & Body: Vitamin E, natural mixed Tocopherols, are nature's perfect antioxidant. They are easy to incorporate in formulations containing oils or butters, such as soaps, creams, lotions, lip balms, massage oils, body butters, scrubs & more. It is also used to assist in slowing the oxidation process in your fixed oils. Tocopherols can only prevent oxidation, not reverse it, so add Vitamin E as early as possible. Vitamin E is an essential fat-soluble vitamin composed of 8 naturally occurring compounds.

I also made my first fragrance oils internet purchase from them (Elements Bath & Body). I bought $50 worth of fragrances...can't wait for them to get here :):) I have a head full of plans for all of them :) plus I'm already working on a wishlist :0

Another sad note for today - lost 6 of the fish we bought yesterday for DD. We don't know what's going on :(

Unmolded and cut castille soap yesterday, it still zaps like crazy. I'll re-melt and mold into the nice molds and will let it sit for a few weeks, let's see how that works out.

For now, I leave you with my beautiful Gourmet Milk, Honey and Oats soap, soon to be available at my online shop

No hay comentarios.: