12 ene 2011

Solid perfumes and lip balms to come

Since I work best under pressure, I went ahead and ordered these two thingys for my new projects this year. It also helped that Elements was having a $0.12 sale on the pots and $0.14 on the lip balm tubes.

First one is a line of solid perfumes, like the ones I used to have when I was a little girl. I've always been fascinated by them, they lasted forever and were easy to carry around, and have not seen one in years, so I'm bringing them back this year ;) This is me being fashion forward!!



The other project is a line of lip balms, three different types of lip balm: Mint lip balm (Love My Lips), Cinnamon lip balm (Lust My Lips) and Honey lip balm (Kiss My Lips). Not sure about the name Lust my Lips, but I think I'll go with it anyways. Think super yummy nurturing lip balm.

Now that I think of it, I have to think of pretty names for the perfumes...and the soaps. It's hard for me being creative in terms of words, I'm usually really square about it - lavender soap is just lavender soap...not Purple French Autumn or something of the sort...I need to let my inspiration run wild.

Where do you get your inspiration from??
Posted by Picasa

2 comentarios:

Jennifer Young dijo...

Just discovered your blog and it is great! Nice New Year's resolutions! And nice greet in the seaweed coloured shampoo bars! I am in love with shampoo bars... When you say seaweed, do you mean spirulina? Can you tell me if your colour stays? I have tried spirulina before and it just fades.... That green is Beautiful. I look forward to continuing to follow you in your progress & experimenting. xo Jen

Irene dijo...

Hi Jennifer,

Thanks for your comment! :)

My green sadly did fade to a pale yellow green :( I don't know if I used spirulina as the label was in japanese - I used the Nori sheets sold for making sushi.

Thanks for dropping by.
Irene