4 ene 2011

New Year's resolutions

Happy New Year!!

I hope you had a wonderful holiday season!

I've been thinking about the different goals and resolutions we like to set for ourselves every year. And how most of them are lost and forgotten a couple of weeks later.

This year I want it to be different, I want to stick to my resolutions and in the process teach my child by example how to create, work towards and accomplish the goals we set for ourselves.

My goals for this year are as follows (WIP)
1) Obtain health permits for my products - so far, that means 5 recipes: bar soap, liquid soap, lip balm, solid perfume and lotion bars
2) Source product to at least 3 other stores
3) Get off my behind and excercise for at lest 30 minutes a day
4) Eat well under the supervision of a nutritionist

The first two are linked to my 5 year plan of creating a solid soap label and then open my own store. My dream is to create a body care empire I can enjoy and when I'm gone I can leave my child with a solid financially healthy company. I don't want her to go through the trials my husband and I have had to go through.

The last two are part of my growth as a person and my search for peace. I've fought with my weight and health habits all my life. I'm far to critizicing of myself but rarely do anything about it. My hubby put it the best way, in our jobs we are doers, and that's what makes us outstanding employees, if we could transfer that to our personal lifes, we would also be as succesfull.

I guess this all sums up to teaching my daughter how to live a complete life, loving herself, loving what we do and doing, not saying.

Having layed out my heart, I want to share a crazy plan I have. I want to follow each of the recipes found in the book 300 Handcrafted Soaps: Great Melt & Pour Projects, by Marie Browning. This means that I will make master batches (which will help me perfect my recipes) and remelt the soaps to create the beautiful soaps listed in the book.

This excercise will help me stick to my goals, help me experiment with different decorating techniques and finally will help me find new fragrance blends for my future store.

Since there are 300 recipes, I suppose I can do them in a year. Let's see how that flies. I'll be posting pictures and comments of my advances for each recipe I make, kind of like the Julie & Julia movie.

Wish me luck! I have to run and buy olive oil as I'm out.

No hay comentarios.: